Analysis & Scoping a Workflow Project
There’s a saying that a picture is worth a thousand words, and how true that is. A layout drawing of a home plan will give you a better idea as to what that house looked like in an instant as compared to a fifteen minute conversation about the house. Which is why we are all about graphic design tools at Decisions. In fact, our entire product consists of graphic design tools that allow business analysts to create complete applications without writing any code.
Graphic design tools are ideal to use when analyzing and scoping a workflow project as well. We have recently completed a webinar on this topic covering the ideal graphical tools to be used in order to specify your workflow project and estimate the time it should take.
In a nutshell, there are several different perspectives that need to be documented before undertaking a build, even if you are using agile methods. These perspectives are as follows:
- Overall Business Objective
Each of the above can be put into graphical form using standard tools to quickly map out any workflow project. The advantage to doing this upfront planning, is that it will also give you a good idea to all the pieces that you will need and how long it will roughly take to build.
You don’t need to go into the lowest level detail with these either, as a high level view will give you enough detail to both estimate and give the build team the information they need to get started on the project. To dig into this a bit deeper, please review our webinar and reach back with any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can You Use No-Code Tools for Mission-Critical Applications?
- Integrating R & Python
- The New World of Business Rules Engines
- How Business Users Can Manage Complex Rules with No-Code Software
- Considering Business Process Automation Software Without a Rules Engine? Stop!
- Decisions in a Global World
- Key Benefits of a Rules-Driven Workflow Software to Support Companies with a Virtual Workforce
- Home Care Pulse Integrates Cloud Services with Decisions, Eliminating Human Error and Repetitive Tasks
- Case Management in Healthcare: It’s Not Just About Patients
- How to Do More in Less Time with Workflow Automation