Analysis & Scoping a Workflow Project
There’s a saying that a picture is worth a thousand words, and how true that is. A layout drawing of a home plan will give you a better idea as to what that house looked like in an instant as compared to a fifteen minute conversation about the house. Which is why we are all about graphic design tools at Decisions. In fact, our entire product consists of graphic design tools that allow business analysts to create complete applications without writing any code.
Graphic design tools are ideal to use when analyzing and scoping a workflow project as well. We have recently completed a webinar on this topic covering the ideal graphical tools to be used in order to specify your workflow project and estimate the time it should take.
In a nutshell, there are several different perspectives that need to be documented before undertaking a build, even if you are using agile methods. These perspectives are as follows:
- Overall Business Objective
Each of the above can be put into graphical form using standard tools to quickly map out any workflow project. The advantage to doing this upfront planning, is that it will also give you a good idea to all the pieces that you will need and how long it will roughly take to build.
You don’t need to go into the lowest level detail with these either, as a high level view will give you enough detail to both estimate and give the build team the information they need to get started on the project. To dig into this a bit deeper, please review our webinar and reach back with any questions you have to email@example.com.
- What Does No-Code Software Really Mean for End Users?
- Is Your Company’s Workflow Software Not Cutting It? Here’s What You Need to Know
- The Advantages of Using a Rules Engine for Managing Insurance Forms, Rate and Commission Calculations
- 6 Tips for Mastering Data Management
- Building Brownfield Applications
- Understanding External Truth Tables: Applications for Your Business
- How Manufacturers Streamline Business Processes with Workflow Automation
- The Benefits of Using an External UI
- Data Mapping Tools to Consider When Selecting a Decision Management System
- What Multi-Tenancy Environments Can Do for Your Business