Building Rule Engine Focused Applications
Decisions works with a number of customers and partners who have developed and implemented solutions that are Business Rule Engine oriented. While the context of these applications may vary from credit scoring to medical claims processing, building applications that are rule engine focused typically involve thinking through the same set of questions. Here are a few of the common questions in this dialog with our customers and partners.
- Who is going to be creating and/or maintaining the rules?
- What prompts a rule change?
- How often will the rules change?
- What business processes will be impacted by a rule change and what are the software applications involved?
We’ll cover each of the questions above in a short blog series over the next few posts.
To further support the idea of building rule engine focused applications, here are a few high level examples of customers and partners problem areas to help provide some additional context:
Subscription Billing – using business rules to monitor, flag, and calculate subscription oriented billing activity.
Claims Processing – using business rules to filter, auto-approve/deny, score, and route claims to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
Credit Scoring – using business rules to apply custom logic to a credit profile to append or create an entirely new credit score used for internal decision making.
Application Scoring and Processing – using business rules to evaluate, make decisions, and route applications for things like mortgages or insurance.
Valuation – using a business rule engine to apply regulation-driven logic against an object to appropriately determine its value.
Approval Chains – using business rules to determine who needs to approve what and by when.
and many others…
- Edge Cases Don’t Fit Your Workflow? Customize with a Business Rules Engine.
- How to Improve Resiliency in the Covid Pandemic with Business Process Rules
- Are Machine Learning Models to be Trusted?
- 9 Signs You Might Need a Rules Engine
- New Ocean Health Solutions Simplifies Processes and Streamlines Ecosystem with Decisions
- How is No-Code Software Different from Low-Code Software?
- Can You Use No-Code Tools for Mission-Critical Applications?
- Integrating R & Python
- The New World of Business Rules Engines
- How Business Users Can Manage Complex Rules with No-Code Software