Workflow Software: 3 Quick Questions
Workflow software is quickly becoming one of the most effective paths to positive ROI and efficient operations for many IT departments and technology companies. However, whenever I meet somebody and they ask the question “what do you do for a living?” and I drop the phrase “Workflow Software” or “Workflow Automation” most still have a few questions.
Let’s run through 3 quick questions about workflow software that might help those who aren’t too familiar.
1. What is workflow software?
You saw this one coming right? A good basic answer is this, a workflow application automates some type of process. Therefore, workflow software provides tools to create those applications.
A good example that we like to use is lending. Most people have had some experience with lending or buying a home. And Decisions does work with a number of lending institutions.
During a basic lending process there is an application phase, an approval phase, and a processing phase. A workflow application could serve as the underpinnings of the process and connect each system involved to provide a full-service automated solution.
2. Who uses workflow software?
Enterprises, start-ups, developers, business analysts, a very wide range of people and organizations use workflow software to automate their processes. Defined processes permeate every level of business, and therefore, workflow applications are and will continue to permeate business generally.
We could get deeper here about workflow automation and the evolution of IT to focus on services as opposed to apps, but I digress. Comment below if you want to see that next!
3. Why do people use workflow software?
By combining the answers above, you can probably answer this question on your own, but let me embellish a little. People use workflow software to create workflow applications that automate processes. You could put the primary use cases into two broad buckets:
- Organizational Workflow Solutions and
- Workflow Products and Integrated Workflow.
Seeing that this is supposed to be a quick article, we will save a deeper dive on the two buckets for a later blog post as well. As always, just comment below and we can pump out the topic faster and let you know when it is ready!
If you did a quick search and found this article, hopefully we were able to help! Now go and explore the rest of our website to see the next evolution of workflow software.
- 3 Tricks for Building Truth Tables
- Space Rockets & Software Bugs
- AI Decision Transparency
- The Key Differences Between LOS and BPM Software
- What Does No-Code Software Really Mean for End Users?
- Is Your Company’s Workflow Software Not Cutting It? Here’s What You Need to Know
- The Advantages of Using a Rules Engine for Managing Insurance Forms, Rate and Commission Calculations
- 6 Tips for Mastering Data Management
- Building Brownfield Applications
- Understanding External Truth Tables: Applications for Your Business