“Code Free Workflow Builder” | Email from Customers
We get emails like this all the time – but we thought this one was worth sharing. Enjoy!
I got a chance to check out the software and I liked what I saw. I’ll try to demo it more over the next few days and hopefully we can set up a live demo sometime next week. I was very impressed with the SQL database and REST/SOAP integration in the software. Setting those up in Decisions was much easier than most other software services I demoed. Building workflows was a bit confusing but once I got the hang of it I was relieved to see that the workflow I created in Decisions really did function as an automated application. I’ve tried other services that claim to do the same thing but end up requiring a lot of code or manual entry steps to turn the process flow diagram into a working app. From what I’ve seen, Decisions is the only platform that does the “code free workflow builder” in a truly graphical way.
Going off of that, I have two conflicting theories as to why Decisions seems better than what I’ve seen elsewhere:
1) Decisions is the leader in it’s category of software
2) I’ve been looking into the wrong category of software and Decisions is just the first I’ve seen in the category I should be looking into.
I’ve been looking into keywords like workflow, process management, automation etc. so I am fairly certain I’m looking in the right place. Your website showed up alongside of everything else I’ve tried, but I really haven’t found anything that competes with what I saw in the trial of Decisions and I’ve looked into a lot of services over the past 2 weeks. Who would you say are some of your direct competitors and what kind of clients do you generally serve (industry and relative size)? I’m curious to see if you mention the other software platforms I have demoed.
If someone is free to talk tomorrow, I should be free most of the day after noon to talk about my company and what I’m looking for. My number is [omitted], just shoot me an email a half hour or so before calling to make sure I’m free.
We responded with a list of competitors yesterday, and I just got off the phone with this customer today. He said that he went and tried some of the other tools – but he was confused because even where other tools have “Vizo-like” workflow designers, they still require you to write code behind the scenes.
To be clear, Decisions is not against writing code – in fact in some situations we think code is better and our customers use our SDK to add new flow steps all the time. (See our blog post about Decisions versus Custom Development)
But what was clear was how obvious it was to this customer that you don’t need to write code to automate a business process with Decisions.
- Can You Use No-Code Tools for Mission-Critical Applications?
- Integrating R & Python
- The New World of Business Rules Engines
- How Business Users Can Manage Complex Rules with No-Code Software
- Considering Business Process Automation Software Without a Rules Engine? Stop!
- Decisions in a Global World
- Key Benefits of a Rules-Driven Workflow Software to Support Companies with a Virtual Workforce
- Home Care Pulse Integrates Cloud Services with Decisions, Eliminating Human Error and Repetitive Tasks
- Case Management in Healthcare: It’s Not Just About Patients
- How to Do More in Less Time with Workflow Automation