How to Achieve a Successful Implementation of Business Process Management (BPM) Software
If your organization has made the decision to implement a business process management software solution, you are likely well aware of the many benefits you stand to gain from such a project. However, as with any software implementation, there is always the possibility of something going wrong.
In fact, the implementation of enterprise software is historically problematic. Crucial applications such as enterprise resource planning solutions often see failure rates upward of 70 percent. However, these common failures aren’t because the software itself is bad. Rather, it is how the implementation project is planned and executed that is at fault.
Business process management software is no different. In order to have a smooth implementation, there are certain key indicators you need to look for in potential vendors. If they cannot provide you with these resources to your satisfaction, cross them off the list immediately.
Support and Training Necessary for Implementation
The first thing you need to look for is how a potential vendor will support you both during the implementation and after. If they send you to a support forum or a wiki for answers, they are not prepared to help you if something goes wrong. Instead, look for vendors that can provide you with live, in-person support when needed. This means 24/7/365; don’t limit yourself to a solution that only provides support between certain hours in some remote location.
Another key indicator of a partner that will help you ensure your implementation is a success is that they provide you with a library of training resources. Making sure your end users are able to do their jobs with your new business process management software is vital to its success. At a minimum, your partner should provide you with:
- On-demand video walkthroughs of how to use the software.
- Documentation that is well written and well organized.
- Examples of how business process management software is used in your industry.
- White papers, webinars, case studies, and other proof of thought leadership that shows how other customers are successful with their software.
Choosing Business Process Management Software with the Right Features
The next area to look at is the feature set that your potential business process management software offers. Without the right capabilities, your software will not solve some of the basic business problems it is supposed to.
When you are looking at vendors, ensure that they provide you with the following:
A Cloud-Based Solution
Using Software as a Service (SaaS), you do not have to purchase, configure, secure, manage, and maintain any hardware on your end to host your software. That alone eliminates multiple points of failure. Additionally, using a SaaS solution also means that you do not have to install the software. When you purchase your license, your vendor simply grants you access to your new software.
Usable Analytics and Reporting
Data-driven decision-making is a buzzphrase that is not going away anytime soon. The reason? People have come to rely on data to provide evidence they can act on. Your dashboard should provide you with actionable data. Don’t get taken in by a flashy dashboard that provides you with nothing more than useless information.
A Solution That Is Easy to Use
Whatever choice you make, your business process management software needs to be easy for people to use. Your best choice is to opt for a solution that provides a no-code interface. This allows your users to build processes and rules that automate workflows without the need to learn a programming language or wait on engineers or IT to help them. A no-code interface enables your users to build these elements on their own so they can see their results immediately.
The key to a successful implementation of your business process management software is choosing the right solution. Decisions offers a best-in-class solution that meets the needs of organizations of all sizes in every industry.
If you want to see how Decisions can put you on the path to implementing business process management software that will work for you, contact us to see a demo. Once you see how it will help solve your problems without creating new ones for other teams, the choice will become much easier to make.
- Learn How to Leverage Decisions Software for the Lending Industry
- Decisioning Software as a Financial Services Case Management Solution
- How to Achieve a Successful Implementation of Business Process Management (BPM) Software
- What You Need to Know About Integrating with LOS and LMS Software
- Top Tips for Using a Business Rules Management System for Loan Origination
- Understanding the Basics of a Business Rules Engine
- 6 Examples of Comprehensive Workflows Suited for Case Management Solutions
- What to Consider When Implementing Your New Document Workflow Software
- Automate and Track Your Approval Process with Decisions Workflow
- How to Improve Data Entry Productivity with Workflow Software